skip to content Tell Someone
You have the right to feel safe in your family and home.
Home What is Family Violence? Information
for Carers
Going to Court Going to the Police Going to the Family Violence Worker Where to go
for Help
Thank You

If you are in immediate danger

Ring the police: 000.

If you have been hurt by family violence

Children ring: 1800 55 1800
Women ring: 1800 015 188
Men ring: 1800 065 973

For Specific Situations

If you have been hurt by sexual family violence
Ring 1800 806 292

If you have used violence against a family member
Ring 1800 065 973

If you need family carer information, support or urgent respite
Ring 1800 052 222

If you need emergency support from the Office of Public Advocate
Ring 1300 309 337
TTY (03) 9603 9529

Where to get help with family violence

Go to or download your free Ask Someone app from your app store. The app is available for iPhone, iPad, android and blackberry smart phones.

Emergency Counselling Service

Ring 1800 737 732 for 24/7 free confidential counselling Helpline.

TTY users ring 133 677 and ask them to contact the Helpline for you.

Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users ring 1300 555 727 and ask them to contact the help line for you.

Internet relay users - visit the National Relay Service website: and ask them to contact the Helpline for you.

If you do not speak English well and wish to speak to a counsellor, call the Translator and Interpreting Service 131 450 and ask them to contact the Helpline for you.

If you want to know more about family violence go to ...

Children & Youth

Kids Helpline:
Bursting the Bubble:


Domestic Violence Resource Centre:
Aboriginal Community:
Women's Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
Immigrant Women's Family Violence Service:


Men's Referral Service:

Legal advice

Victoria Legal Aid:
Community Legal Centres:
Aboriginal Community:
Magistrates Court:
Virtual Court Tour
Intervention Order forms

Disability Support Services

Where to get further assistance in the Southern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne:

Anglicare (Mornington Peninsula, Frankston)
ph: (03) 5986 9900 (Rosebud)
ph: (03) 9781 6700 (Frankston)

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre (Southern Metropolitan Region)
ph: 24 hr freecall 1800 052 222

Disability Client Services (Southern Metropolitan Region)
ph: 1300 131 079
TTY: 1800 008 149

MOIRA (Bayside, Glen Eira, Kingston, Port Phillip, Stonnington)
ph: (03) 8552 2222

Windermere Child and Family Services (Greater Dandenong, Cardinia and Casey)
ph: (03) 9705 3200

Statewide Disability Support Services

Disability Services Commissioner "It's okay to complain!"
ph: 1800 677 342 (free call)
ph: 1300 728 187 (local call)
fax: (03) 8608 5765

Disability Client Services
ph: 1800 783 783 or TTY 1800 008 149

Office of Public Advocate
ph: 1300 309 337 or TTY (03) 9603 9529


Click here to save a copy of the Tell Someone videos to your hard drive.

Introduction/James was a victim of physical family violence.

Emily was a victim of sexual family violence.

Barry was a victim of social family violence.

Kim was a victim of emotional family violence.

Jenny was a victim of financial family violence.

Tell Someone.

Website designed by Grit Media   |   2010 Tell Someone